Saturday, April 14, 2007

Dejima through my eyes.

These images are from my visit to Dejima, in Nagasaki. On the 19th century, or so, this place was the Dutch trading port in Nagasaki (as usual, for further information, check on Mr. Wiki ).
The architecture in this place are mixture between those of the traditional Japanese's and some are influenced by the Dutch/ European architecture. Well, enough for the chit chat, here are the images.A house, or a storage building, I am not sure, but one sure thing that this building caught my attention since it has the combination of those two architecture poles, noted by the form of Japanese architecture, and the brick material used on the walls, which is from the European (Japanese architecture are mostly shaped by their usage of wooden material).

A lining of traditional lamps with some kanji written on it.
A scene of European architecture in Dejima. The window speaks for the definition, or it seems to be, according to my opinion.
Well, someone's framed pretty well in this one. Like the result on this one.
OK, that is all for this time, I'll try to come up with more pretty images next time. See you soon!

No comments:

b a s u k i s a i d

lifelong learning through a lifelong spiky sandals therapy is good, my friends.