Friday, June 1, 2007

Machiya, Gion, Kyoto

The setting of Gion, Kyoto on one afternoon when I went there to take these shots. A place where the architecture maintained to resemble the old Japan's time. And it indeed works, as you can see from the picture. OK, let's start off with some frontal composition.


As some of you might have noticed that my shots usually taken in such of manner. Kinda wanted to show off a flat graphic like composition. But well, I kinda bored with this kind of angle, since I became repetitive on doing so.
This last one I really liked, though not really showing any particular interesting activity in it. This kind of alley is called roji here in Japan. The kind of alleys that appeared in the movies as dark alleys where usually a girl gets mobbed and the hero will come to save her (and kissed her while his head is upside down. Uh, wait, that is Spiderman! :) ).

No comments:

b a s u k i s a i d

lifelong learning through a lifelong spiky sandals therapy is good, my friends.