Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Kinkakuji, The Golden Temple

OK, I have to make a confession first, that I went to this Kinkakuji for the sake of being a "student/tourist" in Japan. Not much to see actually, aside from the bright in gold Kinkakuji. Interesting, well, yes.
Being exposed quite some time with the idea of a traditional architecture built next to a garden, coming to Kinkauji gave me a new understanding, seeing that the temple here was built next to a pond, create a clear reflection of the golden temple.





Well, got the "normal" pictures for this place, too bad I didn't quite manage to grasp what lies under the surface. OK, next destination, Katsura Imperial Villa, dubbed as the beacon of Japanese ness, in term of architecture. The number one. :D

No comments:

b a s u k i s a i d

lifelong learning through a lifelong spiky sandals therapy is good, my friends.